Candidate FAQ - Here you'll find the most frequently asked questions and details ... Before contacting us you might want to look through the questions....
1. For admission to Diploma in Agricultural Science and Management (D.A.S.M) - A student has to pass Higher Secondary Education (10+2) from a recognized Board (CBSE/WBCHSE/ICSE) or any other recognized State/National Board.
2. For admission to Post-Graduate Diploma in Crop Production and Plant Health Management (P.G.D.C.P.P.H.M) - Anyone who has completed Graduation Degree in any Stream from a UGC-recognized University or Equivalent.
3. For admission to Diploma in Veterinary Science and Animal Husbandry (D.V.S.A.H) - A student has to pass Higher Secondary Education (10+2) from a recognized Board (CBSE/WBCHSE/ICSE) or any other recognized State/National Board.
4. For admission to Certificate Course on Essential Agri Inputs like Seed, Fertilizer, and Plant Protection Chemicals for Business and Marketing. (C.E.A.S.F.P.P.C.B.M) - A student has to pass Secondary Education (Class-10) from a recognized Board (WBBSE/CBSE/CISCE) or any other recognized State/National Board.
5. For admission to Certificate in Mushroom Cultivation and Spawn Production (C.M.C.S.P.) - A student has to pass Secondary Education (Class-10) from a recognized Board (WBBSE/CBSE/CISCE) or any other recognized State/National Board.
Yes. SIASTM is affiliated to the University of Kalyani, located at Nadia, West Bengal. Since the University is recognized by UGC and Ministry of HRD,Govt. of India, the Diploma Certificates issued by the University are recognized. The University is accredited by National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) with ‘A’ Grade. The NIRF (National Institutional Ranking Framework) ranking of the University is 89 in 2020.
Yes, Separate hostel facility is available for both Boys and girls.
The curriculum is designed to train students through a multidisciplinary approach by integrating technological advancements. After pursuing courses in agriculture field, students can apply for jobs in government as well as in private organizations. Student can start their career as Officers / Executive / Supervisor in marketing, production, administration, sales in agro-industry sector, Agribusiness / Agri. Officers /, Commodity Trader of Agri. Produce, Executives in Agricultural firm. Agri Import-Export firms, Wholesalers or Retailers of Agri-Input and Agri-Output sectors, Agri-Entrepreneurs, Agri Finance Sector, etc.
Self-employment opportunities are also available in this field. After completing the Diploma courses in this field and with some experience, students can start up their own business like agriculture farms, agriculture products shop, agri-based industry, plant health clinic etc.
This are a two year full time Diploma Programme affiliated to Kalyani University. For the two years class room teaching along with Laboratory experiment is conducted and in the last year; there is 4-6 weeks internship programme i.e. Experiential Learning and In Plant training. During this programme students are placed in various agro based industries, Agri allied Industries, Agril. Production Units and a various agricultural Institutions for practical experience / hand on training.
Yes, the candidate along with his parent or guardian shall be present at the admission desk.
Sorry. Original certificates are to be produced for verification process.
Yes, Educational loan facilities is under process. But Govt. Scholarship for minority, SC,ST students is available.
No, there isn’t. Admission is on the basis of merit and marks obtained in respective examination.
As both the courses are practical based learning and regular courses , regular attendance are highly recomended. But in case of any special situation, only theory classes may be done through digital mode.